Donna M. Santer, M.D., Michael P. D'Alessandro, M.D.
Peer Review Status: Externally Peer Reviewed by Lauren D Holinger, MD, Robert J. Winter, MD and the AMA
1. Discussion of parainfluenza virus (DISCUSSION)
2. Discussion of home monitoring instructions for croup (DISCUSSION)
3. Discussion about influenza A virus (DISCUSSION)
4. Discussion of H. influenzae (DISCUSSION)
5. Discussion of treatment of acute airway obstruction (DISCUSSION)
6. Discussion of endotracheal tube sizing (DISCUSSION)
1. Table of characteristic differences between the croup syndromes (TABLE)
2. Table of HbOC recommendations (TABLE)
3. Table of characteristic differences between croup and epiglottitis (TABLE)
4. Table of characteristic differences between acquired and congenital subglottic stenosis (TABLE)
5. Table of characteristic differences between tracheo/laryngomalacia (TABLE)
1. References for anatomy (REFERENCES)
2. References for the croup syndromes (REFERENCES)
3. References for acute epiglottitis (REFERENCES)
4. References for subglottic stenosis (REFERENCES)
5. References for tracheo/laryngomalacia (REFERENCES)
Follow us on Twitter @pedseducation and @pedsimaging
Please send us comments by filling out our Comment Form.
All contents copyright © 1992-2016 Donna M. D'Alessandro, M.D. and Michael P. D'Alessandro, M.D. and the authors. All rights reserved.
"Virtual Pediatric Hospital", the Virtual Pediatric Hospital logo, and "A digital library of pediatric information" are all Trademarks of Donna M. D'Alessandro, M.D. and Michael P. D'Alessandro, M.D.
Virtual Pediatric Hospital is funded in whole by Donna M. D'Alessandro, M.D. and Michael P. D'Alessandro, M.D. Advertising is not accepted.
Your personal information remains confidential and is not sold, leased, or given to any third party be they reliable or not.
The information contained in Virtual Pediatric Hospital is not a substitute for the medical care and advice of your physician. There may be variations in treatment that your physician may recommend based on individual facts and circumstances.