Donna M. Santer, M.D., Michael P. D'Alessandro, M.D.
Peer Review Status: Externally Peer Reviewed by Lauren D Holinger, MD, Robert J. Winter, MD and the AMA
1. You decide to proceed with a more thorough physical examination of this child. You gently insert a tongue blade into his mouth and see the following . What is the possible complication of this? (ANSWER)
2. After you have completed your physical examination, you should now: (ANSWER)
3. The child is now in the OR. There has been a discussion between the various members of the management team of the best way to now proceed. The decision is to obtain firstan x-ray. Choose the x-ray with the characteristic findings of this disease process. (ANSWER)
X-Ray A X-Ray B X-Ray C
4. The patient now undergoes bronchoscopy. Choose the characteristic bronchoscopy findings of this disease process. (ANSWER)
Video A Video B Video C
5. What are the best evaluation and treatment procedures that should be carried out now? (ANSWER)
6. What is the best long-term management of this patient? (ANSWER)
Please send us comments by filling out our Comment Form.
All contents copyright © 1992-2013 Donna M. D'Alessandro, M.D. and Michael P. D'Alessandro, M.D. and the authors. All rights reserved.
"Virtual Pediatric Hospital", the Virtual Pediatric Hospital logo, and "A digital library of pediatric information" are all Trademarks of Donna M. D'Alessandro, M.D. and Michael P. D'Alessandro, M.D.
Virtual Pediatric Hospital is funded in whole by Donna M. D'Alessandro, M.D. and Michael P. D'Alessandro, M.D. Advertising is not accepted.
Your personal information remains confidential and is not sold, leased, or given to any third party be they reliable or not.
The information contained in Virtual Pediatric Hospital is not a substitute for the medical care and advice of your physician. There may be variations in treatment that your physician may recommend based on individual facts and circumstances.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: