Donna M. Santer, M.D., Michael P. D'Alessandro, M.D.
Peer Review Status: Externally Peer Reviewed by Lauren D Holinger, MD, Robert J. Winter, MD and the AMA
2. Burg, F.D., Merrill, R.E., Winter, R.J., Schiable, D.H., Treatment of Infants, Children, and Adolescents, W.B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia, 1990, p. 289.
3. Dworkin, P.H., ed., Pediatrics, John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1987, pp.196-197.
4. Othersen, H.B., Jr., The Pediatric Airway, W.B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia, 1991, pp. 64-70.
5. Rudolph, A.M., Pediatrics, 18th Edit., Appleton and Lange, Norwalk, CT, 1987, pp. 411.
6. Strife, J.L., Airway Obstruction in Infants and Children, in Syllabus: A Categorical Course in Pediatric Radiology, Poznanski, A.K., and Kirkpatrick, J.A., Jr., Presented at the 75th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America, November 26-December 1, 1989, pp.140.
7. Kirks, D.R., Practical Pediatric Imaging - Diagnostic Radiology of Infants and Children, Little, Brown and Co., Boston, MA., 2nd Edit., pp. 561-562.
8. Report of the Committee on Infectious Diseases, American Academy of Pediatrics, Elk Grove Village, IL., 22nd Edit., 1991, pp. 220-229.
9. Lehrer, S., Understanding Lung Sounds, W.B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia, PA, 1984, cassette tape.
10. Ward, R., To Breathe To Breathe To Live (Videotape), Children's Hospital of Los Angeles, 1963.
Please send us comments by filling out our Comment Form.
All contents copyright © 1992-2013 Donna M. D'Alessandro, M.D. and Michael P. D'Alessandro, M.D. and the authors. All rights reserved.
"Virtual Pediatric Hospital", the Virtual Pediatric Hospital logo, and "A digital library of pediatric information" are all Trademarks of Donna M. D'Alessandro, M.D. and Michael P. D'Alessandro, M.D.
Virtual Pediatric Hospital is funded in whole by Donna M. D'Alessandro, M.D. and Michael P. D'Alessandro, M.D. Advertising is not accepted.
Your personal information remains confidential and is not sold, leased, or given to any third party be they reliable or not.
The information contained in Virtual Pediatric Hospital is not a substitute for the medical care and advice of your physician. There may be variations in treatment that your physician may recommend based on individual facts and circumstances.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: